This presentation will discuss the evolution of Seaspan’s Aras tool from a document management system to the central component of a fully integrated Product Lifecycle Management ecosystem. Chris Phillips, Manager, Engineering and Planning Business Technology Systems will discuss the methodology behind developing an organization-wide PLM roadmap, and the people, processes, and technology implemented (and planned) to achieve Seaspan’s roadmap.
Topics to be covered during the presentation include:
- Seaspan Vancouver Shipyards current state and vision for PLM
- Processes implemented to maximize the effectiveness of PLM
- Training - how to get users and administrators to leverage PLM in the most effective way possible
- Governance - the importance of strong executive leadership
- Lessons Learned - what organizations can learn from Vancouver Shipyards’ PLM journey